20 November 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 18: "Me time" for Mom

I was talking with Mom the other night. It was nice to have a little "girl talk" and we really haven't done much together since we went to get tattoos. And she was probably a little mad that I laughed at her for passing out. But, really, what are you supposed to do when an old lady passes out at a tattoo parlor??? Laughing is really the only option

Screenshot-41

She's been on about people leaving dirty dishes all over again. It's like she's obsessed. I'm glad that I'm not obsessed with anything like that.

Screenshot-42

Oh! Here's a picture of my new cat Mittens!

Screenshot-43

Anyway. Mom said she needed to get out of the house. I told her that I'd go with her. She decided she wanted to visit the local pool, just like she used to when she was young.

I decided not to go with her. It's like she has a death wish or something!

Screenshot-47

I guess she spent the day swimming and chatting with friends on the phone. Apparently, she's trying to recapture her youth. The community pool is where she met Dad and I guess they had lots of great dates there, but I'm not sure an elder should be walking around in a bikini.

Screenshot-49

Mom seems to believe in the expression- "if you've got it, flaunt it"! It's hard to argue with her, she does look pretty good for her age!

Still, being that close to the water for that long? **shudder**

At least she knows that there could be monsters lurking under the surface. I guess she just doesn't care?

How can you not care, Mom? The water is dangerous!

Screenshot-50

****************
A/N: Another short chapter. I'm just about out of pictures so I'll have to troubleshoot my game this weekend (if I'm lucky). Hubby moved my computer to the new house and set it up, but the internet isn't connected there yet so I can't really do much until then. Hopefully, that will happen on Friday.


Outtakes!

Another picture of Mittens. He was complaining about the spoiled food on the counter, too. I think he and Gwyn will get along!
Screenshot-44

The way Sims "swim" entertains me. Too bad Gwyn was alone, she needed to up her social, too.
Screenshot-48

Gwyn is sometimes almost as creepy as Zeke with the random staring. My elders are a little flaky this generation!
Screenshot-67

8 comments:

  1. Mittens is really cute :D
    It must be hard for Ariel that everybody is so attached to the water - they simply don't understand how dangerous it is! Poor girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really works so hard to warn people about water, all to no effect. Her whole family likes the pool!

      Delete
  2. Ha! Gwyn really does have a lot to flaunt, even at her age. You do such a fun job of using the Hydrophobia, since it really doesn't show up in gameplay much.

    Nothing wrong with short chapters. Nothing wrong at all.

    How is the new place?? I hope your game troubleshooting goes smoothly. I am afraid to report how long it's been since I had a game disaster for fear of jinxing it :-p. It's been so nice recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I was just over reading your new chapter!

      Ariel talks so much about the water, to anyone who will listen and many who won't. It's too fun.

      The new place is coming along. We moved to the "country" so we now have several acres along with lots of run-down buildings. As of now, we're all (3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats) living in a single room cabin, which is... interesting. But we should get in the house soon and have room to spread out!

      Delete
    2. Wow! Your profile said that you wanted to move to the country. That's just awesome. Though a single-room cabin with 5 people and 4 pets sounds terrifying. Why don't you have the house yet? Is it being fixed up?

      Delete
    3. The house was originally built in 1901 and remodeled in a very half-assed way over the years. From the outside, it looks like a mobile home as the previous owners have stripped it of any character. Inside is better, but it needed a lot of work. We've replaced the heaters, the electrical everything and the floor, so far, and repaired a lot of walls. The new septic tank should go in next week and we'll be able to move into it at that point. Finally.

      Delete
  3. Why doesn't anyone take Ariel seriously?! Everyone knows that insane sims know all!!!! One day the great pool monster will eat someone and then Ariel can say "I told you so". I hope I look that good when I get to Gwyns age. I just love your old folk in this gen :)

    Hope the move hasn't driven you as crazy as Ariel yet? Have you developed a sudden distrust of water? ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to go back and look, but I think Ariel is "eccentric" rather than "insane"... maybe that's why people don't take her seriously enough! Insane Sims are privy to all kinds of interesting information while eccentric Sims are just weird? Still, they should listen to her.

      Gwyn is definitely looking good for her age. She must have great genes!

      The move is definitely making me crazy. There's been a lot of... interesting... challenges... along the way and I'm sure there will be many more. We've been getting a little too much help from my in-laws, but I think that might be ending soon. I'd like for it to actually feel like my house eventually! (Instead of my mother-in-law's, for instance.)

      I have developed a distrust of EVERYTHING! Nothing has worked or been easy to fix. Nothing surprises me anymore...

      Delete