18 September 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 9: My Mom, the rebel...

I haven't decided if my whole family is weird or if it's just me.

Take Puzzle, for instance. He likes to sleep in other people's beds.

He especially likes Nemo's bed and Nemo keeps complaining to me about that. Like I'm supposed to do something about it? I don't know. I think he should just share the bed with Puzzle... I mean, Puzzle is a little odd and used to be imaginary, but it's not like he's a serial killer or anything.

As far as we know.

Screenshot-49

Maybe I shouldn't have said that... Nemo is a little obsessed about Death right now! He tried talking to Dad about it, but Dad is mostly wondering if Nemo will ever graduate.

I know where Dad's coming from! Nemo hardly ever goes to school and he's exhausted when he does go since he refuses to sleep with Puzzle.

Screenshot-57

Dad did manage to make himself useful in other ways, though! He fixed the sink. Mom says that he used to fix things for her all of the time but this house is so new that not much has gone wrong yet. I think Dad liked getting the old wrench out again.

It's good for elders to feel useful, even if they've lived way past their useful years.

Not that I would ever tell Dad that. I don't think he'd take it the right way.

Screenshot-66

Mom has a tattoo from way back when Sebastian was born. She suddenly decided that she wanted to get another one!

I just don't know what's gotten into my parents lately. It's like they want to be all young again or something. Maybe it's a old-life crisis? They're too old for a mid-life crisis. I think.

Still, it would be pretty fun if Dad suddenly went out and got an earring or Mom started trying to be a cougar.

Screenshot-69

So I took Mom to the salon where I've gotten my tattoos. I mean, if she's going to be all crazy about stuff all of a sudden, I figure she should at least be supervised!

The Ariel who's a tattoo artist wasn't there. I kind of miss him. That Jo girl wasn't there either, so there was no audience for my music. I decided not to play.

And then it all got to be too much for Mom. I guess it takes a lot of energy to be the hip, young mom!

Screenshot-73

Meanwhile, Puzzle was hanging around in his underwear. Nemo called to complain about it. Like that's the weirdest thing to happen today?

But I think we might be a weird family.

Screenshot-86

So I went home to talk to Puzzle about personal boundaries. Not that I really care, but I suppose someone needs to teach him the social stuff.

I think it should be Sebastian since he's the one who brought Puzzle over into the real world. But Sebastian is still to busy mooning over Arvid.

Except that Arvid is homeless now! I'll bet it's because he has too many girlfriends and boyfriends. It must take a lot of money to woo that many people. Sebastian should find someone else to settle down with, I think.

I'll cut him some slack, though, since Arvid is super old and will probably die soon.

Which will probably throw Nemo for a loop. He's so touchy!

Screenshot-91

Dad tried to cook dinner while Mom was passed out at the salon. I don't think it went well.

I wonder if I can walk through objects. That would be a cool power.

Screenshot-96

Mom finally did wake up long enough to get a tattoo from that lady who did my last one. She got wings in honor of Nuthatch. He was our bird. I don't think I ever told you his name.

He was Mom's bird, really. She brought him from our old town. I wonder where she got him.

Screenshot-98

****************
A/N: This is a super random chapter, I know. It's mostly to finish up some pictures that I've had hanging around. Also, I'm writing this from our temporary home at my in-laws while I'm getting the kids ready for bed. So a little distracted today! Still, it does set up a bit for future events. I also noticed that Zeke is already 108! My life span is set for 100... apparently, he's just going to live forever!

Outtakes

Poor Nemo. No place to sleep.
Screenshot-50


Seriously guys, it's just a bird.
Screenshot-55


Ariel really wanted to pet this wild horse. She followed it around for hours, trying to make friends. But no matter what she did, it still hated her.
Screenshot-82


Awww... Nemo finally found somewhere to sleep!
Screenshot-84


Hi VJ! Always nice to see you! You died too young, but I think Zeke has added your extra years to his lifespan!
Screenshot-87



6 comments:

  1. There's no way they can be called a weird family. Why would Ariel think that? :D

    Reading your chapters is always soo much fun. Although we already know that Ariel is not quite an ordinary sim, it's great to read about her new twisted thoughts every single time.

    If Arvid is homeless right now -poor guy-, they could have him move in! That would be great! Unless he dies within the next few days, that would suck. And considering how long they have been grieving because of that bird, they would probably never get over a "human" death..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amhranai! I missed you!

      Ariel definitely has a different view on life than the others. And she loves to sit at the table and tell them all about it. I've noticed that she's started to sit at the head of the table most of the time, so I guess she has decided that she's in charge!

      Oh. That. Bird. It killed me trying to get some of the humans and cats to do anything other than stand there grieving!

      Delete
  2. "It's good for elders to feel useful, even if they've lived way past their useful years." Hee!

    How do you know Arvid is homeless? Sebastian can't find his house?

    Is the bird cage glitched? I think you said you had to delete it. I loved seeing Nemo sobbing by the cage while complaining that he needed to pee. Talk about doing everything but use the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sebastian tried to invite Arvid over, but he wouldn't show up. Then we tried to find his house, but couldn't. A little while later, I got a notification that Arvid had lost his home, which explained that. Poor Arvid!

      The bird thing was crazy. I did have to delete it to get them to stop. It went on for over a sim-week! The weird thing about Nuthatch is that I have no idea where Gwyn picked him up. I just noticed him in her inventory when I was clearing things out for the big move to Lunar Lakes!

      Delete
  3. This chapter made me laugh :) So, the 'olds' are going through an 'old-life crisis' huh? Lol! It also amuses me that Nemo would bring to life an IF that he actually can't stand! My simself didn't last long in the world of fashion then? That doesn't surprise me at all XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzle was actually Sebastian's IF, but they don't really interact much these days. Puzzle does like to bug Nemo, though, for some reason. And he drives Nemo nuts. It's pretty funny!

      The family got so weird after being ported to Lunar Lakes!

      Delete