11 September 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 8: Tattoos and false idols

I hope Sebastian finds love with Arvid, I really do. But he's soooo old, you know?

Arvid, not Sebastian.

Though Sebastian is older than me.

He's also older than Nemo.

Anyway, I decided to get another tattoo. I went to the salon and both the stylist and the tattoo artist were there!

But then the Ariel who's a tattoo artist left.

Why do people always leave when I show up?


Screenshot-12

I decided to play some music instead.

Screenshot-13

I think the stylist (Jo!) liked it. I mean, how often do you get a free concert right there in your place of employment?

Maybe a lot, I wouldn't know, I don't have a job.

Still, I think it was a very cool thing for me to do, considering that the Ariel who's a tattoo artist left as soon as I got there and I couldn't get a tattoo like I'd been wanting to forever.

Screenshot-16

Then I went to the gym. I know we have exercise equipment at home, but I like to get out of the house. There's just so many people there!

Also, I like to meet people. I wonder why no one wants to meet me.

Screenshot-32

Eventually I got some other tattoo artist to give me one. I don't remember her name and she wasn't as impressed as the Ariel who's a tattoo artist about looking at me in my bathing suit, so it wasn't as much fun.

It's a gnome, of course. Gnomes are good luck.

Screenshot-35

Later, I had dinner with Puzzle and Nemo. Nemo hasn't been going to school. I told him that he should go to school. I also told him to stay away from drugs.

I'm responsible like that. I don't think I get enough credit for how smart I am. People should listen to me.

Screenshot-42

I'm a little worried about Rylee, though. She seems to have mistake our new Gnubb set for some kind of god. It might be because their leader looks a little bit like a gnome and gnomes are very special. But it seems like bowing down to a non-gnome is a bad precedent to set. I'm going to have to talk to her about false idols.

Screenshot-60

But first I had to explain to Dink that water was bad. He hasn't shown any interest in the pool and I know cats are notorious for not liking water, but better safe than sorry.

It's a big responsibility taking care of all of the people and creatures around here. It's a good thing that I'm so responsible and good at being in charge of the family.

Screenshot-70


************
A/N: Another short, not much going on kind of chapter. I'm not near my game enough to play or even upload my latest set of pictures! So I'm stretching this most recent upload out as looong as I can! Hopefully, it won't get too boring and I'll be able to move the story along just enough to get me through this weird limbo that we're in. I'm hoping that we'll be moving in to our new house in a few weeks and I should be able to play again then! BTW, has anyone checked out Supernatural yet? I can't wait.


 Outtake!

I'm not sure what Nemo wants to set on fire here, but there's Baxter in the background mourning that damn bird.
Screenshot-52

And now Zeke and Nemo have to mourn, too! I swear, this bird got mourned more than all of my other dead sims combined!
Screenshot-53

This family likes to cook. They aren't as interested in finishing the process. There are at least 3 meals hanging around here (and probably more around the corner on the counter by the sink!).
Screenshot-63

There goes another trampoline! Gwyn and the repossess-er really should have a little talk.
Screenshot-94

11 comments:

  1. I swear I commented earlier! Where did it go?

    Is the stylist Sim Jo from the Bookabets? Ha! And was Ariel the tattoo artist a GUY? Or was the man in that picture some random sim?

    Nice that Ariel is now trying to get Nemo to go to school.

    You've never told us who Puzzle's older man is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I don't know where your comment would have gone! I didn't see any others pop up in my email...

      That is SimJo from the Bookabets. She was the stylist, but I think she's moved on now.

      Ariel the tattoo artist is a guy! (And that was him in the picture with Jo.) It cracked me up that there was not only another Ariel, but it was a guy! I half way wanted my Ariel to hook up with him, just for fun.

      I'm making you wait another couple of chapters to reveal Puzzle's older man. It's kind of mean, but the wait is totally worth it!

      Delete
    2. Ariel hooking up with Ariel would be absolutely awesome. I wish she'd wish to talk to some of these people!

      I'm dying to see who Puzzle is embarrassing himself with!

      BTW: Have you ever bought an inventing table? When I buy skill objects, often everyone in the household wishes to use them. Ariel totally needs to start inventing. Not that it would help her meet any people! Perhaps she can take that up when she has herself a mate. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, and why does all their stuff keep getting repossessed? I just saw the household assets when I downloaded the family, and they're enormous.

      Delete
    4. An inventing table would be great! I can see Ariel getting totally distracted by it, though, so it's probably a good idea to wait until she's suitable partnered up.

      Something weird happened when the family moved to Lunar Lakes and I no longer get notifications when bills are due. I try to remember to check the mailbox (I'm way out of practice for that!), but I don't always make it in time. So, the trampoline gets repossessed a lot. And it's always the trampoline!

      Delete
    5. Odd! Have you thought about giving them the No Bills Ever lifetime reward? I give that to each heir, so I haven't payed bills in four generations :).

      Delete
    6. Yeah, apparently I really need to do that! It was never a problem before!

      Delete
  2. What is my simself doing working as a stylist?! It would be the last job RL me would do! I can see why she's moved on already. LOL!!! I think she appreciated the concert though ;)

    I agree with Susan ... it would be cool if Ariel and Ariel got together :)

    Have I mentioned how much I love Ariel? She's so adorable but not very modest though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, in answer to your question, I've got Supernatural and it's fab. I've been neglecting the bookabets and opened a new game featuring Franco as a werewolf ... it's been epic! I've got supernatural plans for a certain insane tomboy when I actually get back to playing the Bookabets ;)

      Delete
    2. Supernatural sounds pretty amazing! I'm still exploring Late Night, so I'm probably going to wait a while before I add more craziness, but I can see it will be worth it!

      Delete
    3. I was so surprised to see SimJo as the stylist when Ariel went for her tattoo. Very cool, though. I usually only see the cross pollination sims at parties.

      I can't wait to play with Supernatural. Hubby bought it for me, but I'll probably have to wait until after we move to explore it much. I think Ariel would really enjoy getting to know some supernaturals.

      Delete