15 August 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 5: Conversations

Ok, not that I meant to be eavesdropping or anything, but you really can find out the most interesting things when you listen to other people's conversations! I know, I shouldn't. But they were right next to my bedroom. I couldn't help but listen in! Really!

It all started when Nemo was in the kitty room on my balcony. I don't know why he was there. He was just standing there enjoying the atmosphere, I guess. I can't blame him, cats are great to be around. I usually try to be around them when they're actually there, though.

Screenshot-9

Anyway, Mom showed up to tell him that no one ever does the dishes. It really bugs her. I don't know why she keeps telling us, though. It's like she's obsessed or something. I don't know what's up with everyone getting obsessed about things now that we've moved. I'm not obsessed with anything.

Screenshot-10

Mom likes Nemo best, I think. I'll bet that's because he looks so much like Dad did when he was younger.

Wait. That might be a creepy reason. It didn't seem creepy when I thought it, but it kind of does now that I write it out.

And where are the cats?

Screenshot-11

Nemo told Mom that he likes flowers. I think he was trying to distract her obsession with dishes by reminding her of her love of gardening. She hasn't gardened once since we've been here in Lunar Lakes, but I can't really blame her. The plants here are weird. But kind of cool. I like the shiny ones.

Screenshot-12

Mom said Nemo had a nice smile.

Hmmm... getting a little creepy there again, Mom.

Screenshot-13

Nemo was flattered, though. He agreed that he has a nice smile and even demonstrated!

Screenshot-14

Mom said she'd be happy if he'd study more. Nemo has started skipping school, I guess. I don't know, I don't pay attention. I don't see what the big deal is about school, anyway. I didn't go most of the time and look how good I turned out! I'm in charge of a whole family!

I think we need more cats.

Screenshot-15

Nemo told her that he'd rather be paid just for being his cool, smiling self. I agree with him on that. But for me, not him. Being me is a big job and I should totally get paid for it. He should finish school and get a job. I'll have to tell him that.

Screenshot-16

Mom and Nemo didn't even talk about me at all. It's like they don't even realize that I'm in charge around here! What a boring conversation! My conversations are always so much more interesting.

Screenshot-17

Then Mom thought that Nemo should go to bed and he agreed that he was kind of tired. Next time I eavesdrop on someone, I'm going to make sure that it's worth my time before I do it! Not that I was trying to eavesdrop, it just happened. Really.

Screenshot-18

I like cats. It's about time one of them showed up in there! I wonder what Dink thinks of Mom and Nemo hanging around in his room. I'll bet that he wishes they'd leave him alone. Dink likes privacy.

Screenshot-19

Yeti? Mom might be more interesting than I thought!

Screenshot-20

****************
A/N: Not much going on here, but I thought it was a cute moment between Nemo and Gwyn. With any luck, I'll get my next batch of pictures uploaded soon so I can actually work on the story! I can't wait to show Sebastian and Puzzle and their older men, but those weren't ready to go yet. Having the toddler in a cast (along with house hunting) is messing with my ability to play and upload!



7 comments:

  1. I. Love. Ariel! It's amazing how you put her thoughts into words that are weird, yet make so much sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to take random things and see them through Ariel. Even when she doesn't appear in the chapter at all!

      Delete
    2. Without sounding mean, that was not even necessary. Her thoughts are great enough!:D (Still, seeing her is also always very funny)

      Delete
  2. I love this slice of life stuff, and you really have Ariel down. She is SO much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you guys still thought Ariel came through ok! I was worried about this chapter, since she isn't actually in it and I wondered if her voice would be enough!

      Delete
  3. I love Ariel's voice ... it's so fresh, innocent and childlike :)

    I think she likes cats myself ;) Hope the baby is ok and coping with the cast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby got her cast off almost 2 weeks ago! (She only had to have it on for 3.5 weeks... crazy how fast little kids heal.) Of course, she just yesterday started actually walking on it a little. No matter how many times I explained that she needed to strengthen it or it would never feel more stable (and less sore), she wouldn't believe me.

      The call of "Maaaaaamaaaaaaa" makes me cringe now.

      Delete