07 August 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 4: Puzzle-d

Sebastian's invisible friend is becoming a distraction for him! I mean, he even forgot to go to work this morning! Sebastian has never forgotten that kind of thing. He was always the straight arrow while I was the flaky one.

Not really flaky, if you ask me, but that's how I've heard my Mom and Dad talk about me.

Not that it bugs me. Because I kind of am.

Flaky. Not a bug.

I prefer "unconventional". Because that's a nice, big word that sounds impressive.

Screenshot-27

Anyway, Sebastian's friend is a bad influence is my point.

Screenshot-29

I mean, even Nemo noticed! And Nemo hardly ever notices anything!

Screenshot-30

It got so bad that Dad rummaged through all of the old boxes that we brought with us and found some weird concoction that his Grandpa VJ made ages ago! I don't know what was in it or why he thought it would be good to give to Sebastian. Dad didn't seem like he was paying much attention to Sebastian's invisible people obsession, but I guess he was.

I should still totally be in charge of the family. Dad is old.

So anyway, I wasn't there but Sebastian apparently knew just what to do with this potion. Or maybe Dad knew? Someone had to know. Or maybe it was just an experiment? Maybe they tried different things? I don't know.

Screenshot-31

Hmmm... isn't something supposed to happen now? I'll bet it didn't taste very good.

Screenshot-32

Wow. Sebastian waited all night for this?

Screenshot-33

For some reason, this is not how I thought Sebastian's invisible friend would look. He looks a little... flaky. But not necessarily in a good way, like me. Poor Sebastian.

Screenshot-35

I think Dad is wondering if he made the right decision. I would be, too.

See? I'm better at running the family.

Screenshot-38

Even the cats think Puzzle is weird! And they live with me and Sebastian! Cats are good judges of character.

Screenshot-44

***************
A/N: Shortly after Sebastian started obsessing over playing with Puzzle, I remembered that VJ had made a whole bunch of potions way back when he was alive. I never really used any or even looked very closely at them, but sure enough there was an IF one in there! I decided to see if Puzzle and Sebastian could find love in the real world. Not sure if that's going to happen, though... Puzzle has a very strange combination of traits: Loser, Hopeless Romantic, Never Nude, Light Sleeper, Nurturing. He wants to be a CEO of a Mega Corp. Not sure how that's going to work with Loser, though! Anyway, now that he's real, I'm not sure that he's Sebastian's type but at least it might force Sebastian to get out into the real world again.


Outtakes!

Another shot of Puzzle. He looks very smug, doesn't he? Also, no one has ever sat on any of the couches in this house. Sims are weird.
Screenshot-34

Nemo was so shocked by the appearance of Puzzle that he peed his pants!
Screenshot-36

This has been an ongoing issue with Zeke since he was a teen, at least. Sitting down with his food and then complaining that he's hungry. When his food is right in front of him! It cracks me up every time. You put it there, Zeke! Look down!
Screenshot-37

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you turned Puzzle real! I actually hoped he would look more spectacular, but oh well. Now that he is one of the family members, he will have to find his place in the sim world. Can't wait to see how that turns out! :)

    By the way: You already know that I love the way you let Ariel talk, but one part really cracked me up. It was right at the beginning of the chapter: "Not that it bugs me. Because I kind of am. Flaky. Not a bug." I swear, I couldn't stop laughing for at least a minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving Ariel. She's so much fun. And I get to use all those random, weird pictures in a way that makes sense!

      I was hoping for more from Puzzle, too. I guess because I love Sebastian so much that I wanted someone worthy of him. Oh well, we'll have to see what happens there.

      Delete
  2. Ariel is totally my favorite Hodgins patron EVAR.

    I wasn't sure if Puzzle was male or female, so it was a big surprise. His traits are actually kind of sweet, except for Loser. Seems like with Hopeless Romantic, he'd be likely to roll a few wishes for Sebastian. But I guess you never know....

    So... I wonder what happens when you get an IF and DON'T turn them real. They just hang out that way forever? I kind of thought they'd disappear when you turned adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really was surprised by Puzzle, not what I pictured at all. I agree, though, that he has the potential to be a really sweet "person". I've played ahead just enough to know that they both have been preferring older men (that seems to be a family trait in these recent generations!). But I still think that there's potential there.

      Hmmm... that's a good question about the IFs! I can't really picture an elder playing with an IF, but I haven't tried it... maybe I will sometime!

      Delete
    2. Hmm. So even though they were obsessed with each other and were romantic interests before Puzzle became real, no interest in each other since? Argh.

      Delete
  3. "Sims are weird" ... what does that make us? We're the ones who sit around staring at them and writing about them!! Lol!

    I also find it strange that they now have no interest in each other. I mean, Puzzle is a figment of Sebastians imagination, so surely he's the reason why Puzzle turned out the way he did?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are completely normal, of course!

      Puzzle and Sebastian are driving me nuts. They were so into each other when Puzzle was still a figment of Sebastian's imagination, but now they both want older men. Seriously, you won't believe who either of them go after!

      Delete