25 July 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 2: Missing time

A/N: This has been a weird week. My 2-year-old broke her leg a couple of days ago on Grandma's trampoline, so I've spent a lot of time trying to keep her from moving around (she doesn't get her cast until tomorrow and she's not supposed to put any weight on the splint). That means I've been sitting on the couch with her watching lots of Dora and not uploading my latest Sims pictures. Today, I sat down to upload my THREE CHAPTERS WORTH of pictures and they were... not there. Poof gone. Again. Only the pictures from my most recent session were there! I'm dying. There were some really good pictures in there! So Ariel will be summing up what's been going on, but there are no pictures to back her up. I know wall-o-text posts on Sims blogs kind of suck, so I've got a random picture at the end as a reward.

****************

Strange things happen around here in Lunar Lakes. I mean besides the tricky bodies of water.

I'm guessing that I'm supposed to tell you what they are now that Dad has made me the head of the family.

My Aunt Lorali is living in sin with my Cousin Denis, so that's weird.  I actually had an opportunity to do some kind of experiment where I worked out and then returned this weird meter thing to the medical center. So when I called them up to tell them I was ready to return it, they told me to meet the doctor in charge of that experiment in the middle of the night at a park! It was all very exciting for a medical experiment. And guess who I was meeting?!? Aunt Lorali! Apparently, she's working at the hospital now instead of at the science center. She must have changed careers when we all moved here, but I don't know. I wonder why she didn't just retire like Aunt Bonni and Uncle Jagger.

Uncle Jagger is still beating people up, though, so I guess some things never change. I think he must lead such an exciting life.

Not like Aunt Bonni. She's pretty boring. Though Lorali told me that Bonni got married not long ago, it wasn't even to the guy she's been fighting over (Arvid something or other, he's dating, like, everyone else in town) so I don't know what the point is, but whatever floats her boat I guess.

Some of the people who moved here with us have already died... some guy named Adjo and some lady named Sunny. My parents were sad.

Then their friend Patience and her family ended up homeless! And had another baby! And Patience's son is dating Sean Flynn's daughter! And Patience's daughter is dating Sunny's son!

I hove no idea who those people are, but it meant something to Dad so I figured I'd better include it and sound excited.

I decided to start playing the guitar. I liked it so much that I played all through the night in the park. I was hungry after that and decided to get a tattoo. It's a gnome. Gnomes are good luck. And the guy who did it was named Ariel, too! It's like serendipity. Also, he really liked looking at me in my bathing suit.

Nemo has been going to school, I think. It's hard to tell.

Sebastian is still acting all weird. He talks to himself and does... unusual... things to thin air. Once, I heard him in my shower making all kinds of strange noises. I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though, and act like it's all completely normal. (A/N: Sebastian and Puzzle have quite an interesting relationship... Sebastian was stressed so, per wishacy rules, I clicked on the box and let him decide how to relieve his stress. He chose to "try for baby" with Puzzle in Ariel's shower!!! That was not what I was expecting at all. Luckily, it didn't take.)

Then, even though we've been out of school for years, it was time for Sebastian and me to graduate! Maybe they make sure you're really done with school before they give you a diploma around here, I don't know. The ceremony took forever and there was an invisible person named Grim there. I didn't get tto talk to him, though. I tried to get Sebastian to do it, but he wouldn't. Mom and Dad are all proud, of course, but I don't see what the big deal is. I was voted "Most likely to offend others"- like that's so hard to figure out! Sebastian was voted "Most likely to burn down houses"! That was more of a surprise since he's always been the stable one of us kids. I guess news of his odd behavior has gotten out.

So there you are, up to date.

I like cats. Nemo says I'm going to end up like this picture. But my home is going to be so much cooler.


12 comments:

  1. I love the picture at the end!! ;) Too bad that all of your taken pictures are gone, though. But I think Ariel summarised everything that is going on in town pretty well, and it wasn't boring at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hopping that Ariel is random enough to pull it off.

      I'm still sad about my pictures, though.

      Delete
    2. Completely understandable. Is there any chance you could get them back?

      Delete
    3. I don't think so. Last time this happened, not even my techie hubby could figure out where they went. And he does computers and networks for a living!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you lost these pictures! What a hilarious chapter. Even with the wall 'o text, I am STILL laughing till I cry about Sebastian's adventure with Puzzle. WOW. And were they romantic interests or anything, or did the woohoo just turn up out of the blue??

    Adjo is dead. Sigh. Did he even manage to have any babies??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Adjo had babies, he was too busy corrupting everyone! He was the best corrupt police officer, though.

      Sebastian and Puzzle weren't romantic until after the woohoo thing. I was very surprised by it! And not even just woohoo... try for baby! I'm just so sad that I don't have the pictures of that anymore.

      Delete
  3. Maybe Sebastians trying to tell you something?! I love how this game can always surprise you! It sounds like you've had a hectic time of it ... I hope your little girl is ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sebastian is definitely trying to tell me something. He went all kinds of crazy with the move to Lunar Lakes! Unfortunately, I don't think he knows what he wants so it's going to be hard to get it for him!

      My daughter is doing well, thanks! She got her cast on yesterday so she'll be able to move around on her own when she feels like it now. She's being very clingy so far, but I'm guessing that it won't be long before she's off running around again. (Her 6 year old sister fell on her leg and snap! It's called a Toddler's fracture, which makes sense...)

      Delete
    2. Kids are very resilient ... I was in a wheelchair for 18 months when I was 5 with two giant plaster casts on my legs and a splint connecting my two feet together, followed by six months with a zimmer frame and physiotherapy. I had perthes disease which is the dislocation of the hip. Nothing could hold me back though and I managed to keep up with my school mates! I remember watching the Little Mermaid a LOT though!

      Delete
  4. Oh no, poor baby broke her leg. :(:(:( My daughter (on her second b-day) woke up went into the bathroom at 11 at night, knocked a glass ashtray down and broke it, then stepped on it and almost severed her 2nd toe. (ok, not severed but OMG, when your baby is hurt it's awful) Glad she's doing ok.

    WTH is up with your pics? Maybe you should start backing them up in a seperate place just in case?

    A WTH is up with my Sebastion? Woohooing an IF? As in still an IF and not a IF-turned real? Super creepy, I may never buy generations now. Eeewwww! Gay is fine, but IF, I am totally creeped out. **shivers**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is terrible when the babies get hurt! Very traumatic for us.

      I've gotten into the habit of uploading my pictures right away so as not to lose them anymore... and none have disappeared since. I don't know what was happening to them, but my computer apparently decided to stop eating them once I figured out how to get around it!

      Ahhh... Sebastian and Puzzle. Such a weird little relationship!

      Delete
  5. Ahahahahaha, I'm so glad I decided to reread this...I'd forgotten how much I love Ariel.

    ReplyDelete