20 June 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 40: Finally

You know, sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it. I've been working so hard, but lately it seems like everything is moving in slow motion. There are never enough hours in the day to eat, sleep, and work on my promotion.

Screenshot-68

I wonder if it's just old age catching up with me! I remember back when I was young and unsuccessfully fighting for my promotions at work. It didn't wear me out like this!

Screenshot-69

And then there's the cat. Dink has gotten more adventurous as he gets older and he just will not leave anything alone! When I'm home, that cat is always begging for something or attacking something. It's like everything in life is an uphill battle right now!

Screenshot-71

Ariel took pity on me the other night, though. She took Dink out to the local cat park, whatever that is. Maybe some of the cats there will teach him some manners!

Screenshot-73

Then again, maybe not.

Screenshot-77

To top it all off, Ariel and Gwyn adopted another cat! They thought that maybe Dink was lonely. At least Baxter is an older cat and much more quiet. He might be my kind of cat.

Screenshot-72

So everyday, I'd go to work. And every day, I'd go home without that promotion. It was starting to feel very hopeless!

Screenshot-79

Until, one day... Finally! I'm a Creature-Robot Crossbreeder! After years and years of hard work, stalled out promotions, missing out on family time, and hour after hour of skill building. I'm almost not sure what to do with myself now!

Screenshot-81

Gwyn was thrilled when I told her, of course. I thought we should celebrate with a trip to the spa, like we did after Sebastian was born. She wanted to go fishing, though, because she knows how much that relaxes me. She's such a good woman.

Screenshot-89

Now we can start the next phase of our lives! Now that I've made Crossbreeder, I can accept the exciting new opportunity I've been considering. Ariel and Sebastian have agreed to make the move with us, too! I know Gwyn was concerned about leaving her babies behind, so it's good that they'll be coming along. I'm happy that we'll get to watch them build their own lives rather than just hearing about it over email. There's just one more order of business... picking my heir. My mom had it easy, I still don't know what I'm going to do!

Screenshot-93



*****************
A/N: So Zeke finally made is LTW! After 40 chapters of trying. The glitches and lag were getting pretty ridiculous and I was starting to worry that it would slow everything down so much that he'd die before he got there! Next chapter will be the move and the heir decision and then we'll finally get to start Generation 4. Finally!

Outtakes!

I'm so hungry! It's too bad there's no food here on the table. That I got myself. And sat down to eat.
Screenshot-75

VJ doesn't approve of cats sleeping on the counter.
Screenshot-78

I was so worried about Zeke's promotion that I didn't notice that Sebastian didn't make it to work one day. Because he got up on the wrong side of the bed! He was trapped there, starving and peeing, all day! In all of his "years" he's never gotten up on that side of the bed. Why now?
Screenshot-84

Poor, forgotten Nemo passed out in the yard. The lag made it impossible to get anyone to eat, pee, or sleep in a timely manner.
Screenshot-87

4 comments:

  1. Knowing the context makes this post hilarious! Not enough time in the day, eh? Can I relate!

    But Zeke's reached his LTW at last, and you're ready for Generation 4 and a new home! Wow! I can't wait to see where you'll go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Everyone was just passing out and peeing all over the place toward the end there. It was so crazy. Gwyn kept wanting to clean the house (she's "neat") and could only ever get a couple of things done before the day was over so she never did fulfill that wish.

      Delete
    2. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that this was an ISBI because of all the pee and passing out. It was a good chapter, though, and I'm really excited about the new town! :)

      Delete
    3. Good point, Isa... it was very ISBI-like there for awhile!

      Delete