11 June 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 39: Thinking about a change

Sometimes I worry that Sebastian is too serious for his own good. At Ariel's birthday/graduation party, he actually sneaked away to read a book assigned to him by his boss! He's so focused on impressing the boss and getting his promotion. But is he forgetting to have fun and enjoy life?

Screenshot-31

Maybe a change of scenery would help. There's an opportunity coming up at work that includes a relocation, but I'm just not sure if it would be the right move. Gwyn and I aren't young anymore and both Sebastian and Ariel are adults with their own lives to start. Can I really uproot everyone and make them follow me? It's a really intriguing opportunity, though.

Screenshot-34

Gwyn and I have been discussing it ever since the chance came up, but we haven't really talked to the kids about it yet. We thought that we should decide what we wanted to do first. Gwyn tells me to follow my heart and she'll follow me anywhere. She's the best, really.

Screenshot-36

Ariel has shown as much ambition about getting a job as she did about going to school. I just don't know what to do with her. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for her, too?

Screenshot-38

We finally decided to bring the older kids into the conversation. Ariel even joined us in the hot tub, though she didn't really seem to enjoy it. (She used to always be in the hot tub or at the pool, so this is quite a change!) We didn't ask them to make any decisions yet, but told them that we're thinking about moving away. As adults, they have the choice of staying here or relocating with us. It's a big decision for everyone.

Screenshot-41

They promised to give it some serious thought and not make any rash decisions. I trust Sebastian to actually do that, but Ariel is much more flighty. I made her agree to sleep on it and she took me very literally. Really, she could have got to bed! She didn't have to sleep there in the yard immediately!

Screenshot-42

Both kids considered their options carefully. Sebastian turned to cooking, something he always does when he needs to quiet his mind.

Screenshot-45

Meanwhile, Ariel worked out. I guess the physical exertion along with the amazing view of the ocean helps her focus. (A/N- I have no idea what Zeke is doing out in the yard in his bathrobe.)

Screenshot-46

I'm anxious to hear what they think, but I'm trying to be patient. Gwyn says that I need to give them space and time (hmmm... space and time) to make up their own minds. I decided that fishing would give me something productive to do while I was waiting.

Screenshot-54

Oh! And Dink is now a grown up cat! He turned out quite handsome, but I can't believe that Sebastian has been out of school that long.

Screenshot-64

**********************
A/N: Not a very exciting chapter, but I'm setting up the move. Poor Nemo doesn't get any say in the decision and I didn't realize that it meant that he wasn't even in the chapter aside from the background of one picture! Poor, forgotten Nemo. I'll be so glad to get rid of the lag and glitchy, though. It messes everything up so much!



Outtakes

The lag makes it hard to get to bed on time.
Screenshot-27

Ariel loves cats.
Screenshot-32

Glitch in action- Gwyn peed on the floor three times trying to make it to the toilet!
Screenshot-39

Fishing with an invisible pole looks like... something else.
Screenshot-51

Dink grows up!
Screenshot-57

Zeke doesn't actually go to bed these days, he just sleeps wherever he happens to be. I guess that's one way of dealing with the laggy glitch!
Screenshot-65

7 comments:

  1. You have to link me to Ariel's hair!

    I loved the bit with Ariel going to sleep immediately after the conversation about moving. I can't wait to see where they end up.

    I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at the outtakes. I also have a lag peeing disaster to post, but it'll be a while because I've been playing way ahead to get my household size down. Eight is just too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see if I can figure out where I got Ariel's hair. I do love it on her!

      I'm excited to start writing the next generation in the new place, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can play again since we're out of town again this weekend. I'm a few chapters ahead in my game, but not nearly as far as you!

      I hate it when my household gets above 5! I can't imagine trying to keep track of 8 people.

      Delete
    2. I think the hair might be this one? http://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/newsea-elisabeth-female-hairstyle/id/1036852/

      NewSea Elizabeth. Come to think of it, I think I had already pegged that one as one I liked, but it's only loaded in Elfland.

      Delete
    3. Oh! That does look like it! I'm pretty sure I got it off of the exchange so I should be able to find out the next time that I fire up the game.

      I can't wait for Elfland!

      Delete
  2. This is another reason why I'm so wary of mods and CC. If my game started doing that I'd seriously just give it up! No fun! Kudos to you for making it through all that.

    I enjoying this so much I'm just racing on through, can't wait to see who you've picked as heir. (but I'm secrectly hoping for Sebastion, I <3 him)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the kids for this generation were so very interesting! Zeke and Gwyn did a good job.

      Delete
  3. Is there....a gnome in the lake?!

    ReplyDelete