20 August 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 47: We moved?

You know, I could get used to this not knowing what's going on thing... especially if it means that I get to wake up in a brand new house!

I love the new house. It's just the right size for all of us and it's so pretty.

Plus, there's a flock of flamingos on the lawn! And it's near Sebastian and Puzzle and Nemo and Margo!

Life is pretty good!

I wonder where the kids are.

BOB has been inspired by the move, too. He's decided to rejoin his music career. You may remember that he got fired from it last time because he missed work too much. He was too busy taking care of the babies! He's such a good metal nanny.

Since Yeti and Bumble are practically raising themselves now and Snow is getting so big, he thought now was a good time to stick his toe back into music.

Screenshot-111

Blu and I don't own the gym anymore. I'm not sure why. I think it had something to do with moving to the new house.

Either way, we still love to work out together!

Screenshot-112

I've finally won Blu over on the evils of water, too! It took years, but I think he's finally cured of whatever fascination he used to have with it. I have no idea what the appeal is to people, really.

Screenshot-115

I rewarded Blu for coming to his senses by complimenting his muscles. I love his muscles. So does he!

It's good that we're so compatible.

Screenshot-117

I really think that this house is going to work out well for us!

But I do wonder where the children are. I suppose they've gone off to school?

Screenshot-119

I tried to watch a little TV, but BOB was kind of hovering. I enjoy his company and all, but sometimes I worry that he's a little too attached. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.

At least he's taking good care of Snow so that I don't have to!

Screenshot-123

I decided to spend time with Blu instead. I'm getting so good at sculpting that now I'm allowed to sculpt statues of actually people! I don't know who makes those rules, I could have totally made statues before, but I was so excited to have Blu as my first subject!

Screenshot-203

I'm good!

I think I captured his physique perfectly!

It's probably because I'm so familiar with it.

I celebrated my success by doing more "research" on the subject of Blu's muscles. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.

Screenshot-207

Later, I moved Blu's statue into place. Doesn't he look fantastic commanding a flock of flamingos?!?!

Screenshot-208


*****
A/N: Fairly short one, but I wanted to get the chapter out there. I have a bunch of pics ready to upload, if I ever get around to it! I'm kind of excited for school to start for that very reason...

By the way, what do we think of the Sims 4?







Outtakes!

BOB likes Blu well enough but he kind of wants him to go away.
Screenshot-113

BOB and Ariel weren't talking or anything, but he plussed at her as soon as Blu left the room! BOB definitely has ulterior motives here.
Screenshot-118

I dropped Sebastian's family into the new game file, too. This is the hair that the game gave him to replace is fantastic (Charles') hair since I dumped all custom content. Puzzle's reaction about sums it up.
Screenshot-210

I don't think that Sebastian likes it, either!
Screenshot-211

That's better. A little, anyway. I still miss the Charles' hair.
Screenshot-213

22 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha, amazing chapter :D I couldn't stop laughing the entire time. The dialogues between Ariel and Blu are hilarious, too! And the ice sculpture! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Ariel and Blu really do have a mutual appreciation of each other these days, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. "If you know what I mean. And I think you do." Bwahahaha!

    I do miss Charles's hair. And Ariel's!

    I love how not a single picture has the kids in it too. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look closely, BOB is actually holding Snow in a couple of pictures... but, yeah, pretty much complete absence of children! Ariel is not the most maternal.

      I really miss the hair. Sebastian looks so weird without it! And I couldn't abide the middle age hair that the game tried to give him... so bad!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I see. BOB's between Snow and the "camera" both times.

      I think that balding male hair and the kind of nondescript shoulder-length female hair are what the game produces when it errors out from not finding the hair you gave the sim. Also, they're often medium brown regardless of actual hair color.

      Sebastian DOES look very different with his new hair.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yeah, and the gameplay demo -- man, I've seen a lot of hate on the forums. I find the Sims community really weird. The deeper you get into the forums for passionate fans, the nastier the hate gets. theSims3.com has it, but the modding forums often have it worse, and those people sink more time and money into this game than I do. I want to laugh when I see forum posts titled, approximately, "I just bought the [new thing from the store at premium price] and it sucks. Again."

    I think the new gameplay looks really intriguing. Emotional states seem like just the right next step. I love the idea that you can affect emotional states with decor. I love the idea of a party with party animal decor, a wedding with romantic decor, etc.

    I kind of hope the voodoo doll isn't actually in the first release because that seems too supernatural for base game.

    The environment looks gorgeous and the sims look more refined than the last version. For all that players complain that the sims don't look photorealistic enough, I don't think they'd like it if they had it. That's why it's called the Uncanny Valley, and I think the Sims designers are doing this exactly right. OTOH, I really don't think the hair needs to look that plastic to avoid the uncanny valley, so I hope that will be improved. I mean, I want my virtual dolls to look like *pretty* cartoons.

    That said, I'm not really an early sims adopter, and I'm thrilled with my Sims 3 game when it's properly modded and not lagging or glitching (I'm not a hater, but sometimes I am a snarker :-p). I am damned and determined not to buy a new game until the Samples are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the opposite and not that excited at the early look of TS4. I'll reserve judgement until it's further into development and we get more information, but I don't like how the sims themselves look. I guess I was expecting 'more' from the next Sims game.

    My new pc plays the Sims 3 perfectly *touch wood* and I'm finally having fun playing with it. I'm not ready to give it up. I just hope that when the new game is released, the gurus don't dump the website like they did with TS2. I have a LOT of store content! I keep it backed up on my pc, but I still like to have the option of downloading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be super-common -- a lot of folks are reacting negatively to the way the sims look. I personally think their faces are fine. My gripe is the textures. The hair most, but clothes and even skin textures could be more sophisticated. The fact that they're cartoonish doesn't mean they need to look like they were carved from plastic.

      But honestly I think the sims look great now. If the same character designs could move more smoothly and have more more character depth with better gameplay, I'd call it a win. And we don't really know anything about that yet.

      Delete
    2. I lost track of my point, which is that I hope the Sims 4 team is making some serious changes because the level of not-excited I've been seeing everywhere has surprised me.

      And I guess I'm not EXCITED either. I didn't see anything that changed my plan of looking to buy this game sometime in 2015. I'm pretty jazzed by Sims 3, and I'd shell out for incremental improvements like better data storage, access to more memory, and less tendency to lag.

      Delete
    3. I think there are a lot of interesting things in Sims 4, like the CAS changes (mostly because my non-reading young children get frustrated by the words!). I'm also curious to see what emotions do since that could make for some really interesting story telling. So I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt at this point. I probably won't get to try it out until the youngest hits kindergarten in a couple of years anyway!

      But I do wish that they'd make the hair better. Why does it have to be so ugly?

      Delete
    4. I'm more excited about Assassins Creed 4 in October. The graphics/gameplay looks so smooth and the assassin himself looks like than interesting character. I think EA should take note!

      The CAS changes to TS4 and the emotions aspect are the only things that intrigue me at this point. When TS2 and TS3 were first announced, I remember feeling so excited and impressed. Maybe I'm growing up or just feeling jaded at the sheer number of issues I've had but I just can't summon up any enthusiasm. Maybe it'll change by the time the game is released? Who knows!

      Delete
  5. I think you need to get someone for BOB. He has serious pining issues for Ariel there. Are you planning on buying the last EP? If so, maybe you can get him a shiny new Plumbot ...

    I love Ariel so much. She always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of keep hoping that BOB will get together with Bonehilda because that would be fascinating to watch! But he really does need a girlfriend. It's not healthy.

      Delete
  6. ...just checking on you and the Hodgins' - I start to miss them! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Amhranai. I know you're alive, but for some reason you're not simming? How can this be??

      Delete
    2. I know! It's terrible!

      The last couple of weeks of summer and the first week of school were super busy for us, but most of that is behind me now. This week, the preschooler will have her first day of school and then we'll (FINALLY!) be into a routine. And I can get back to the important stuff like sim blogging and reading my stories.

      Seriously, I see that several of you have posted and I'm dying to get the chance to read the new chapters!

      Delete
    3. Well, I'm glad you got through most of the stress already. Good luck for the next days and I'm looking forward to seeing you back in the game!

      Delete
  7. I really like the new house and I can't wait to see how the kids turn out and what Bob decides to do next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey DW! We miss you! Come back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And it's been an even longer time over here since you blogged. Come back, we miss you :(

    ReplyDelete