15 June 2013

The plot thickens, but not in a good way...

Today, I turned on the computer with my Sims game on it and... nothing. Well, not nothing, just nothing visual. So either the video card is dead or the whole thing is fubared! Tech-hubby isn't sure at this point whether it's recoverable or not.

I'm trying not to freak out. I don't want to lose Yeti and Bumble and Snow! I'd have to start back at the beginning of Ariel's generation.

I can get the Wonders back since I spent the time uploading them to the exchange (I never did get the Supernaturals to work, but I can convert the humans back to form), but what if they're not the same?

I'm probably panicking prematurely, but... AHHHHHHH!

On the other hand, it might be a good excuse to get a little faster gaming computer.

7 comments:

  1. Damn pcs playing up all the time! I really hope that the data is recoverable. I wouldn't be without it my external hard drive. I try to back up my files every time I play but it's easy to forget. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have en external drive for my family pictures and stuff, but it's on a different computer than the game files. The hubs in going to see if he can get the data, so I'm still hopeful!

      Delete
  2. Silver lining to this whole problem... Hubs discovered Seasons on sale and also added the Island preorder! (He wants house boats.)

    So, new fun things for my families if I get them back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always look on the bright side! I'm sure the data will be recoverable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping! We might make an attempt on it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

      Delete
  4. To add some nuance to this conversation, AAAAAAUGH!!!

    I love Ariel, but I already "know" how her life turned out. I realize this is just a game, but sheesh. I have my fingers crossed that your hubby will be able to get the thing to boot. You only need a few minutes to copy off a save file. But of course, if you can get minutes, you probably have hours too.

    Hooray for Seasons. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't imagine doing Ariel's generation again. And I'd miss the kids so much. Hopefully, we can get the files. If not, I don't know what I'll do about it...

      Delete