13 January 2014

Gen 4 Chapter 48: Now, where was I again?

Sometimes, it feels like I've lost all sense of time. Like days and weeks and months have passed, but really it's only been a few hours.

I don't know what that's all about.

Anyway, is it any wonder that I don't know were the kids are most of the time? It's a lot to keep track of.

They're just lucky I can remember their names! There's Yeti and...

Well, it will come to me, I'm sure.



Apparently, I adopted a new kitty! This is Henry. Henry Hodgins. Isn't he just the cutest?



I decided to give BOB a thrill and sculpt him. In my underwear. There's no way he'll get the wrong idea from that.



Then this happened.



Twice.



Wait, what? I know that I sometimes lose track of time and that we moved and all... but I don't even like kids!

I mean, I like my kids... Yeti and Snow and the other one... well enough. But babies are hard and annoying.

I'm pretty sure that this is all Blu's fault.



My little princess Yeti is a such a good kid, though. She does her homework all by herself.

She does everything all by herself! She's very independent. I've taught her well.

Maybe she'll take care of this new baby.



I decided to distract myself by doing a non-person sculpture.



So I sculpted a rock! Isn't it amazing?

I'm good.



We finally got around to finishing Yeti's birthday!

We invited some neighbors over for a party. One of them scratched the furniture! Was he raised in the woods? The nerve of some people. I suppose that might be ok in his home, but it certainly isn't ok in mine!

Some people have no manners.



Later, that same guy was out watching BOB play his music with a bird on his arm. (The guy's arm, not BOB's arm. It would be hard to play the guitar with a bird on your arm.)

What a weirdo.



Anyway, here's my girl almost all grown up! She looks tired here, or bored. So... basically a normal teenager.



She's good with her little sister, though! It's so strange that Snow has such a fair complexion, don't you think?



Bumble! The boy's name is Bumble!

I wonder where he's gotten himself off to...

**************
A/N: So this is the first of four posts using up the pictures that I'd taken but never uploaded! It's been so long since I've played this that I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but that suits Ariel. The pregnancy was a total surprise, though. I have no idea when Blu and Ariel managed that without me noticing! The adoption of Henry completes Ariel's LTW of adopting cats, even though my game only thinks she's adopted 1/6. This generation has had all kinds of trouble!

Speaking of which, I tried loading my game yesterday and it crashed almost immediately. Is there any hope that updating my mods will help? Or should I just bag it, put up an heir poll, reinstall the works, and start over fresh with Generation 5?


Outtakes

Kitty cuteness! Nova likes little Henry.


BOB can't get to Snow...


Awww, Nemo. Kicked to the curb again?


And this is where I discovered that I'd forgotten to keep relationships intact the last time I moved everyone around... Nemo is such a ladies man that Ariel can't resist him. He's your brother, Ariel! There will be no more attraction hearts!


Ariel and Sebastian didn't get along very well after the move. I still can't get used to his new hair.


Margo (Ariel's niece) and Clark Wonder seem to be hitting it off, though!


That puddle in the background? Frank Wonder. Apparently, he's not exactly housebroken in this file.


Ok, maybe it's the pregnancy hormones. Ariel, you can not have attraction hearts for a teen boy!!! I don't know why she's seeing him as an adult. It's all so weird.


Also, Blu. Stop having hearts with Diana Wonder. I might have to stop inviting these people to parties at this rate!!!


11 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm really glad you're back. But you know that already. ;)

    In addition, I love the way you continued the story. Sometimes it DOES feel like weeks have passed, when it's only a day or so. So what Ariel tells us isn't exactly unusual and, in fact, a logical explanation for her loss of memory ;) (I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about the kids' names, either^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it took *me* a minute to remember their names!!!

      Ariel is the perfect heir to deal with all of this time loss. I don't see Zeke handling it very well at all.

      Delete
    2. Yep, you're right. Zeke would probably have had to be stuck with amnesia or something (if he was already an elder), otherwise it would have been hard to write a convincing story about this. Ariel *is* perfect, though.

      Delete
  2. You're back!! Hooray!!

    I know that some day we're going to have to put this hobby behind us, but I would have been really sad to lose you.

    This post made me laugh of course. I loved the bit about forgetting the kids' names.

    About the crashes.... umph. I'd definitely update mods. Then try clean install -- rename the The Sims 3 folder and run the game create a completely fresh instance. Try copying over the most recent save and run that way with no store stuff or mods. Then redownload the store stuff (sorry). Then add the mods back in.

    If any steps work, then you can at least bin the families, and I find it hard to believe that you won't be able to load your save in a clean folder.

    It does seem like Ariel's generation is pretty finished (all good things must come to an end :( ). But I'd kinda like a chance to get to know Snow surprise kid 4 before we get an heir poll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behind us? Ha! I plan on simming much more regularly once I get all of these small people in my house off to school full time.

      I've missed the Hodgins and the Wonders quite a bit. I hope that I can get them working again... new surprise baby is a toddler in my save file so I might be able to do a heir poll by aging (baby) up to get a pic of them. Ariel's kids are all pretty cool so I'm having a hard time picking a favorite.

      Ariel is technically finished with the completion of her LTW, which will make it easier if I have to bin and start over. I could technically drop everyone by the Gen 5 heir out of the story if need be. I'd hate to lose them all, though!

      Delete
    2. Well, THAT's good to hear! I'm still chugging along happily after what? Four years? Five? Sob.

      Delete
    3. Just think of all the simming time we'll get in the retirement home!

      Delete
  3. Now THERE's a thought.... I'd so much rather be simming than working right now.

    BTW: I take it back about updating your mods. The patch hit yesterday. So either update your mods and be sure you don't patch yet, or just wait until the mod update is done. It turns out that the patch is pretty trivial (so much for polishing off the game on the final patch pass), so a couple of modders are fixing the NRaas suite without much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speak for yourself Susan! I'm certainly not ready to put this hobby behind me! Hmph!

      I didn't realise how much I missed Ariel until I read this post. I agree with the others. Ariel is so absent-minded and living in her own world, this worked completely. Although the whole fancying my brother thing was so wrong. I know Nemo Is gorgeous, but that's ridiculous! Crazy Ariel.

      The Wonders have such a fascination with furniture!!!

      Delete
  4. Ok, I caught up....time for you to come back now!

    ReplyDelete