23 July 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 46: Where was I?

You know, I could have sworn that we already had Yeti's birthday, but she's still a kid! With ages to go before her birthday!

Maybe I dreamed it?

Maybe I got stuck in one of those time loops?

Maybe I was abducted by aliens?

Well, whatever.

I noticed that Blu wasn't around so I went looking for him. Apparently, he got tired and decided to take a nap. Poor guy!

Screenshot

When he finally did show up the next day, he went straight to working out. I guess he must be stressed about work. He's been trying for a promotion and he really couldn't be in better shape! But he keeps working out anyway, usually trying to go for more and more hours. At least he looks good doing it

Screenshot-3

I tried to distract him by sculpting in my underwear in his line of sight. But then I distracted myself by making an elephant! It's so cute! And it earned me a promotion!

I'd almost forgotten that I was employed as a sculptor. I just do it for fun!

Screenshot-34-1

Since I'm not going to teach Snow to talk or anything, I figured I'd teach her something useful like music! It was really fun playing with her. I wonder why I never played with Yeti or Bumble.

Screenshot-36-1

Later, Blu finally realized that I was in my underwear so he invited me out on a date. He'd been wanting to try out the new bar in town. When we got there, he went over and made himself a drink!  I thought they made them for you when you went to bars, but I guess I must be wrong.

Screenshot-38

I didn't feel like drinking so I worked out instead. It was kind of fun! I've never exercised anywhere other than at home and at the gym. I didn't even know they let you do that in bars!

Screenshot-39

After I worked up a sweat, I wanted to play some games. I couldn't find Blu anywhere, but this nice man agreed to play with me. I forget what his name is. But then, I forget lots of stuff. I remember that I won, though!

Screenshot-43

I finally found Blu and convinced him to get started on the romantic part of our date. We stood out in the parking lot making out like teenagers.

Screenshot-45

When we finally took a break, hours had passed. It was dark and the stars were so bright that we decided to sit and watch them for awhile. I didn't even mind that we were sitting in the dusty parking lot of a dive bar! Blu sure knows how to show a girl a good time.

Screenshot-46


*****
A/N: So here's where I recovered my files from the old dead computer. For whatever reason, all of my save files were from 4 sim-days before Yeti's birthday even though I'd played and saved much closer than that. Oh well, we'll just have to wait for her to age up again!

Also, my game kept crashing while Blu and Ariel were standing in the parking lot of the bar. Interestingly, all they wanted to do over and over again was make out! So that's what they did. Over and over again.



Outtakes!

This is a cute picture, but I forgot to put the walls up and there's a toilet in the background.
Screenshot-36

When Ariel couldn't find Blu at the bar... he was sleeping again!
Screenshot-41







6 comments:

  1. Very appropriate glitch transition :).

    I'm going to have to adjust to Ariel having different hair!

    This seems like just the kind of date Ariel and Blu would have. :)

    I do hope that the game is running smoother despite the parking lot crashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Ariel's hair, but I'm going CC-free for awhile. It's so hard!

      The game seems to be doing better now, but I did end up binning everyone and then moving them into a new house in a totally new save. It hasn't completely solved the crashes, but it's much better!

      Delete
  2. Ahahaha, great chapter :D There were so many things that made me laugh - Ariel is such a great storyteller! :D

    It's interesting to see that she doesn't teach Bumble the classical skills on purpose - that's another way of raising a child! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel is perfectly flakey enough to withstand all of the weird glitches and changes going on!

      She and Blu never, ever wish to teach their kids any of the usual skills until the last moment. Usually, the day of their birthday they suddenly get interested in the kid!

      Delete
  3. I kind of like Ariels new hair. It makes her look younger :)

    I'm so glad that she and Blu have put all their problems behind them and are as strong as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are getting along well right now! I'm so glad that they made it back together after things were so weird there for awhile.

      In a couple of chapters, you'll get to see what the game did to Sebastian's hair...

      Delete